As Told By Greta

"All we are, all we can be, are the stories we tell. Long after we are gone, our words will be all that is left, and who is to say what really happened or even what reality is? Our stories, our fiction, our words will be as close to truth as can be. And no one can take that away from you."

Friday, October 2, 2009

Para Kay Tatay. :)



When I was a kid back in Norway, I didn’t have any friends. All the other kids in our neighborhood were a lot older than me so I didn’t really get the games that they played, and they never bothered to engage in mine either. Also, they seemed to treat me differently because I looked different. I did have one playmate, though. And back then, I considered him the perfect playmate. He was cooperative, imaginative, and he never got tired of the games that we played. And no matter what we did, he would always, always let me win.

And so I had a joyful childhood, thanks to my dad. :)


I was looking at our pictures a few days ago and that’s when all those memories came rushing back. It’s funny how at first, you think about the loved ones you’ve lost every single day. Then eventually, you realize that you no longer think about them as often as you used to. That leads you to believe that you’re okay now, that you’ve moved on. But it only takes a few dumb things for you to feel the same flood of emotions that have been hiding underneath you.

The pain hasn’t gone away, and maybe it never will. It’s a part of me now, and that’s just something that I’m gonna have to live with.


I miss him. I really do. Belated happy birthday, papa. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home