As Told By Greta

"All we are, all we can be, are the stories we tell. Long after we are gone, our words will be all that is left, and who is to say what really happened or even what reality is? Our stories, our fiction, our words will be as close to truth as can be. And no one can take that away from you."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Abstruse




Flying dreams signify the wish to lighten up, become unburdened by worries, and break away from conventional norms, mores, and established ways of thinking.


I was convinced that I had to give up, for I had already spent an eternity by his side, patiently waiting for him to notice me. Yet all my efforts were futile, ‘cause no matter what I did, he just didn’t see me.

...

Saying goodbye to someone who doesn’t even know that you exist is pointless, but I did it anyway.

Still, I got no response. He was staring blankly ahead.

...

My footsteps echoed in the silence. I looked back over my shoulder at that face that I knew so well, and felt an onslaught of tears rising once more. All I ever wanted was to have a share of his world, but as it seems, the odds of that happening are fiercely against me.

My heavy heart felt lighter with every step. And at some point, I was weightless. Gravity had ceased to exist and I was just floating in the air, blissfully unaware of how weird this all was.

...

He is the epitome of everything that I want but I just can’t have. And a while ago, I was standing right next to him.

I should have known that I was just dreaming. :)

Labels:

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home