As Told By Greta

"All we are, all we can be, are the stories we tell. Long after we are gone, our words will be all that is left, and who is to say what really happened or even what reality is? Our stories, our fiction, our words will be as close to truth as can be. And no one can take that away from you."

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blah.




A murmur of voices distracts me so I turn my head to find out where it's coming from. I see you standing on a corner and talking to a friend with that curious expression on your face. For a second, I wonder what the conversation is about but i just shrug it off and go back to reading my book.

Suddenly, I feel a peculiar urge to look your way once more. I give in to it and end up staring at you. You're on your own now, leaning against the wall and absorbed in your own thoughts. I notice that your forehead is furrowed, then I smile at the thought that it always is.

Some memories come rushing back and I begin to feel a nagging emptiness crawling inside me. I try to dismiss this feeling immediately and convince myself that things are better off this way. But sometimes, I just can't help but wonder if you ever miss me like I miss you.

Just as I'm about to look away, you catch me staring at you. You hesitate, then raise your eyebrows and say hi. I just wave back and smile, then turn away and sigh.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home